Thursday, January 12, 2012

Can't We Get a Break?


I'm seriously tired of the media portraying what we "should" look like. It's bad enough when we have to see it on TV, the Internet, Magazines, etc. But we have perfect women on pregnancy ads too? Where did these women come from? I've seen some really beautiful pregnant women, don't get me wrong. I actually think that pregnancy is beautiful all in itself, but not perfect. I'm sick of opening up these pregnancy magazines at my doctor's office and seeing perfectly round bellies that are completely blemish free. My belly doesn't look like that. It didn't even look like that the first time I got pregnant, much less the third time! It would be so nice for the media to start posting real things. Not what they think is beautiful but what is real. I'd much rather read a magazine that had a picture of a woman standing there with her belly a little droopy and stretchmarks galore! I'd feel much more connected to an image like that. What about a baby commercial with a mom that has bags under her eyes and baby food all over her shirt. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about ladies.

I'm 30 weeks pregnant, I feel like a whale, I am totally uncomfortable, my back hurts, I'm having to pee every 15 minutes, the baby thinks my bladder is a soccer ball, and I haven't had a good night's sleep in months. Someone tell the media to stop making me feel unattractive on top of it all!

2 comments:

  1. You may find the *real-ness* that mentioned here ->
    http://theshapeofamother.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The media is so terrible, they preach what women should look like, they give false information. It is sad really.
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete